Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 10

Pretty normal day other than the great news of her ANC shooting up. So happy that her body will be able to better fight any infections or bacteria that might show up. Doctors are going to later this week put in a new central line. The PICC line on her left arm is fine but a central line will be so much better.


We have so many awesome friends and support. How thankful we are to have good, true caring friends and family. One of the best things that has happened with all this is the close relationships that we've built with good friends; now they've become more than good friends but like family. My cousin Dahvy in Colorado and I have talked way more than before. Plus, after the end of our telephone calls we end with I love you. I very much appreciate this. My grandmother had 10 kids and Dahvy's the oldest grand-daughter and I'm oldest grand-son. There's responsbility to take care of the other younger relatives as the oldest and it's nice to have a very good relationship with her.


I need to share something that I've shared a little bit before. This is my testimony, my absolute belief. The day after Jovee went through the big surgery, April 17th, the Bishop of this ward came in the evening to give Jovee a blessing of healing and comfort. Heavenly words were spoken. A peace filled the room that could have calmed ANY storm.


This is from an excellent book that Jeannine and I are reading, given to us by Jeannine and Doug Carter, called Making Sense of Suffering, page 92:

“In the story of Job, we read about an unseen “hedge” or wall defending him from Satan. Evidently, the hedge shields every righteous person, lowered only rarely as the Lord sees fit. This protection reminds us of the heavenly companions he has promised.

“I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angles round about you, to bear you up.”

When Bishop Shriber gave Jovee that blessing, angels were round about us, bearing us and Jovee up. Thus her miraculous recovery. Now again, with her counts quadrupling overnight, angels again are round about us, bearing us and Jovee up. These angels, I believe, are all those that loved and still love us. My birth mother and father, my grandfather, Jeannine’s grandmother, one of my second moms who died of cancer Louise Kniephof, and so many other loving spirits. They loved us when they lived, they still love and watch after us now. It only makes sense. I know that our lives continue. It only feels right. It feels so right in my heart and in my mind.

Also, from the LDS church hymn # 96, Dearest Children, God is Near You…

Dearest children, God is near you, watching over you day and night
Dearest children, holy angels watch your actions night and day


I just had to share that. Yes, it is easier to think positive when things are going positive. Thru all this we've tried to always think positive and to have faith in the Lord, no matter what.

No comments: